Sicilian pasta recipe
Sicilian pasta is a dish which is easy to prepare. With just a few ingredients, you will have a delicious original Italian recipe ready to eat. Shall we cook?
on today's menu
- 1 kg Elicoidali pasta
- 2 aubergines
- 1 clove of garlic (if you prefer it to be spicier, you can add another)
- Sea salt
- 1 jar pesto rosso
- Mild olive oil
- Parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) cheese
STEP BY STEP
1. Place water to boil in a large pan, without any oil!
2. When the water starts to boil, add a handful of sea salt and, once diluted, add the pasta.
3. Dice the aubergine and fry in a frying pan until they are golden. Remove them from the heat and place them on a plate with kitchen roll to absorb the excess oil.
4. Place oil in the frying pan to heat up and, when ready, sauté a garlic clove, previously cut into slices, until it is turns golden. Add the pesto rosso to the frying pan with the oil and garlic, stir until it is mixed together well.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and place it into the frying pan with the sauce. Sauté for a minute so it is well permeated.
6. Plate up the pasta and add the chunks of aubergine, the amount of parmigiano (parmesan) cheese you prefer....and bon apetit!